Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Monday, March 31, 2014

My Photo Diary: March



March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

So how was your March?

Mine was kind of "dullsville," honestly, and I'm looking forward to April.

I hope wherever you are, winter grays are starting to be replaced with spring greenery. We've had boat-loads of rain the past few days, and even some "wintry mix," so I am in need of some blue skies and warmer temperatures.

I've been brushing up on my photo-a-day skills, so that I'll be ready for "Show Us Your April," the project that my friend Claire, from a little CLAIREification and I are collaborating on. Are you ready to join us?


The gist of it is that you take a photo every day for the month of April...create a post about it, and then link up with us between May 1 and 7. Check here for more info. 

Or, better yet, let me show you my March, and you'll get the idea! 

 **********************************************


March 1
Bought a new bird feeder today. It didn't take long for word to spread that there was a new "all you can eat" place in town.

My Photo Diary: March --- by Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


March 2
Sunday papers and coffee. Simple pleasures.

My Photo Diary: March --- by Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


March 3
Seeds are here. Spring must not be far behind. Is it? IS it???

My Photo Diary: March --- by Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


March 4
Morning sunlight in the bathroom. 

My Photo Diary: March --- by Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


March 5
Man cannot live on bread alone...but I can. 

My Photo Diary: March --- by Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


March 6
Passing by The Ansonia (Upper West Side, Manhattan), home to many celebrities...en route to dinner with friends. 



March 7 
The cardinal rules. 

My Photo Diary: March --- by Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


March 8
Springing forward.

My March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


March 9
"Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy." 55 degrees and sunny...first time on my deck since fall.  

My March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

March 10
What's this??? Daffodils! The very first sign of Spring that I've seen! #feelingencouraged

My March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

March 11
Mr. Goo Shoes found money tucked into an old photo album in the basement today. The story is worthy of its own post. 

My March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


March 12
Spring...on a New York City street corner (Lexington and 78th Street), passed on my way to a doctor appointment. 

My March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

March 13
The snow is finally almost all melted. Sadie is a happy girl.

My March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


March 14
Dear Deer, I always get excited to see you when you come to visit our backyard, but can you please not make a smorgasboard of our bushes? 

My March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


March 15
Haven't been to Harvest on Hudson, one of our favorite restaurants, since we held Junior Goo Shoes' Bar Mitzvah party there in October 2012. Happy to be back for dinner with our good friends (the ones with the beautiful garden). What could be better? Desserts all around!

My March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Clockwise from top left: NY Cheesecake; Coconut Panna cotta; Cannoli & Cookie Board; Lime Sorbet

March 16
Prepping Tomato, Basil & Kale Frittata for brunch today.

My March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


March 17
Happy St. Patrick's Day Bagels!

My Photo Diary: March --- by Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


March 18
What's wrong with this picture? Shopping at Lord & Taylor's on 5th Ave. in New York City, and leaving without a single purchase! That's what's wrong! 

My March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

March 19
Now that the lake at the park is mostly unfrozen, the geese have returned for a little "r and r."

My March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

March 20
Mr. Goo Shoes and I took our first-ever Yoga class. It kind of ruins the mood to take a picture of yourself during class, so this will have to do. Namaste.

My March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

March 21
Winter's swan song -- and the first day spring -- is a good day for a walk in the park.

My March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

March 22
Bought the Waterlogue ap today. I snapped this on a street corner in Amsterdam three years ago. Just call me Toody Van Goo.  

My March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


March 23
Breakfast New York style...Bialy with nova and a shmear.

My March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


March 24
Having a good hair day. Yes, that IS news. 

My March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
   
March 25
If you want to torture me, put a bowl of mac and cheese in front of me, and remind me of my cholesterol numbers. This was Junior Goo Shoe's dinner; sadly, not mine. 

My March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


March 26
"Be vewwy, vewwy quiet...I'm hunting wabbits." (Elmer Fudd).

My March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

March 27
Mr. Goo Shoes has been hanging out upside down in the basement on his new inversion table. It's really helping his back! Sadie likes to keep him company.

My March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


March 28
Driving into NYC for lunch on a rainy day; stopped at a light on Broadway and 44th St.  

My March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


March 29
I'm a little behind in my magazine reading.

 My March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


March 30
I made my own pizza from scratch today... well, almost. OK, the crust was frozen, but I did the rest. That counts.

My March Photo Diary  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


March 31 
Dinner in NYC tonight with girlfriends is the perfect way to end the month! Not the best photo, but it does convey the spirit of the evening. Cheers! (PS - I am the hand on the far left).



Don't forget to start snapping your photos for the month of April, so you can join Claire at a little CLAIREification and me for our "Show Us Your April" photo diary.

Go ahead...take your first photo right now, just to get started!

See you on May 1 for the link-up!






Linking With:Wow Us Wednesdays

25 comments:

  1. Amy, As a teacher I'm well aware of it being April Fool's Day, believe me. BUT, thank you for reminding me I want to take a photo a day to be part of your April Showing....I love your photos, especially the bialy! I can't wait to have one myself this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That bialy was SO good! I"m glad you'll be joining in on our Photo Diary party!

      Delete
  2. There's NO WAY that I am doing this crap. Ha ha April Fools. Love your March one ! I hope I can get organized enough to pull this off for April ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got me there, Deb! You CAN do it!!! Hope to see you at the link up!

      Delete

  3. Wonderful! I love the simplicity of things you photographed.....helps me figure out what I'll take! Starting my photos today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help! Yes, keeping it simple is key! Glad you will be taking the challenge! See you at the linky party!

      Delete
  4. I love that red toile in your bathroom! And that last picture? My, there are some serious rocks there ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That toile bathroom is my favorite! As for the rocks, yes, they do (I am the hand on the far left, by the way!)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the reminder! I'm off with my camera now to capture any 'fools'!! Great captures for March. Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, Chel! So happy that you are going to join in for the photo diary challenge! See you on May 1 for the link up!

      Delete
  6. Great photos- Gotta tell you- my favorite is the bike that you used the watercolor app on. Love it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that bike, too. Think I might frame it...Then again, everything looks good in that waterlogue app -- I'll want to frame them all, and then I'll need a house with more walls!

      Delete
  7. Amy cheers to you for doing the photo of the month. I would totally forget it sometimes. March was dullsville and I am happy to say bye bye!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brava, great job, well done! You certainly cannot say March was an uneventful month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to learn how to do a mosaic like yours on top of the post!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Merisi...it's the little things in life. I'm going to email you and tell you how to do the mosaic.

      Delete
  9. Another installment of your photo diary, this time a MARVELLOUS month of March happenings in the life of Ms. Toody Goo Shoes! Love the sun streaming into your pretty bathroom, where you must be smiling at the reflection of that gorgeous hair, getting ready for the perfect BFF foodie night! Looks like you had a fun month, to me!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have some fun, Poppy, but most of it was pretty blah... Not complaining, though. Hope you are having a great time in Toronto. Wish I could join in at that lunch!

      Delete
  10. I thought I had already missed a day but realized I took a picture last night. Yeah me. I can't wait for the link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you'll be joining in at the link up, Katie! And if you forget a day, I won't tell if you take two on one day!

      Delete
  11. This is such a neat idea! All of your photos are beautiful. I can't imagine living and going through New York City regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacey! I hope you will join in the April Photo a Day link party! I do enjoy being able to go into NYC anytime. I lived there for over 20 years and worked there for over 30 years, so I try to get in about once a week now. Hope to see you at the link party on May 1!

      Delete
  12. Hello Amy, what a fun idea. I loved all your photos! The birds and flowers are pretty and the pizza is yummy! Have a happy April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen! Really hope you will join us at our Photo a Day party! Happy April to you, too!

      Delete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.