Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Monday, November 25, 2013

Nutella Pumpkin Pie - Oh My!

Nutella Pumpkin Pie - AMAZING!   --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Recipe courtesy of Nutella/Ferrero

Do you want to be a rock star on Thanksgiving? 

I've got a surefire way to ensure your success.

Make this pie. 

Nutella Pumpkin Pie - AMAZING!   --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Even if you overcook the turkey, dry out the stuffing, and burn the sweet potatoes, you will still come out shining like a baking diva once you serve this pie. 

Nutella Pumpkin Pie - AMAZING!   --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

THIS IS THE BEST PUMPKIN PIE I HAVE EVER EATEN. 

Maybe it's because I made it in my new oven, but I doubt it. The credit definitely goes to the Nutella

o.  m.  g. 

Nutella Pumpkin Pie - AMAZING!   --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

As much as I'd like to take credit for the recipe, I can't. It comes from the folks at Nutella.

Years ago, my sister worked for the company that owns Nutella (Ferrero), and they sent her a bunch of recipe cards, which she promptly handed over to me...

...which is a good thing, since now I'll be the rock star at Thanksgiving and she won't. 

Oh, wait...she's making the latkes (potato pancakes), so maybe I'm not a shoe-in. 

Well, let's take a vote ... what would you rather eat -- potato latkes or Nutella Pumpkin Pie? 

That's what I thought. I rest my case. I will be the rock star. 

This recipe is brilliant...the combination of a creamy Nutella base topped with a layer of pumpkin pie...well, it's beyond words.  You'll just have to try it.

Nutella Pumpkin Pie - AMAZING!   --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


I was trying to think of a clever name for it...

Pumptella Pie?

Nutellkin Pie?

I think we'll stick with the original name. 


Nutella Pumpkin Pie - AMAZING!   --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I have to confess that when I made the pie this time, I used a frozen pie crust. I was feeling a bit pressed for time. It still came out great, so don't feel bad if you have to cheat.

Make sure that you buy the canned pumpkin pie mix...not the plain pumpkin puree.

Oh, and I used fat-free sweetened condensed milk, you know, to make it a diet version, heh heh.

Just a note about the baking time. The recipe says to bake the second layer -- the pumpkin layer -- for 25-30 minutes.  It took mine close to 45 minutes. I even put in a little oven thermometer just to make sure my new oven was calibrated properly, and it was.  So, just be aware that it may take you longer, too. 


Nutella Pumpkin Pie - AMAZING!   --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Nutella Pumpkin Pie
(Recipe by Nutella of Ferrero)

1 Package pie crust dough mix (for 9-inch pan)
1/2 cup Nutella 
1 cup sweetened condensed milk, divided
2 egg yolks 
2 whole eggs
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin pie mix
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Prepare the pie crust according to the directions on the box and line it in a 9-inch pie plate. Using a fork, press the dough around the edge of the plate. Line the pie with aluminum foil and fill with dried beans, uncooked rice or pie weights so the crust holds shape while baking.  Pre-bake the shell for 10 minutes. Remove the dried beans, uncooked rice or pie weights and the aluminum foil from the pie crust.

Turn the oven down to 325 degrees. 

Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, blend the Nutella with 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk and two egg yolks, stirring until mixed thoroughly.  Carefully spread mixture into the pie crust and bake for 30 minutes until puffy and just set. 

In a second medium bowl, stir together the remaining sweetened condensed milk, 2 whole eggs, canned pumpkin pie mix and pumpkin pie spice.  Gently spoon the mixture over the baked Nutella layer of the pie and continue to bake for an additional 25-30 minutes (or longer, possibly)
or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely and refrigerate for two hours.  Serve with whipped cream.



I wonder what I should wear when I accept my Rock Star award on Thanksgiving.

Take my advice, and go get your outfit ready, too.  You're gonna be a winner if you make this pie.





Linking with:
Tweak It Tuesday

25 comments:

  1. Amy, first off, amazing photos! I couldn't help but 'salivate' at your close ups, that unfortunately, my little point-&-shoot, just can't capture! I mean, when you look at your pics, they alone are enough to whet your appetite for this tasty, trademark of a pie! The results are easily predictable! So, I suggest something with sequins, off the shoulder, and pre- 'wrapped', with the title, 'ROCK STAR', and since we're at it, what the heck, throw on a tiny tiara on top!

    Thanks for sharing this scrumptious star of a pie!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got my outfit ready, Poppy! Ooooh, yes, a tiara! By the way, I use a point & shoot also...it's a Nikon S9500. I use a class 10 SD card, which has greatly improved the clarity of my photos, I would love to take a photography class and really learn how to take great pictures, but every class I find requires an SLR camera.

      Delete
  2. It looks so moist, must be the perfect ending to your burnt dinner!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even the very worst dinner would be forgiven, if this pie was served for dessert!

      Delete
  3. um yum! everything is better with nutella!! thanks for sharing :) http://www.handmadeintheheartland.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Angela! I love Nutella! Thanks for stopping by...love your blog, by the way.

      Delete
  4. Pinned it. Got to try it, if not this Thanksgiving, soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, try it! It won't dissapoint! Thanks for pinning it, Dewena.

      Delete
  5. Oh Yum - that pie looks amazing. You ARE a rock star for sure. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Amy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, well, one can dream about being a rock star! Have a good week, Rosella!

      Delete
  6. Sounds yummy. Looks with perfect finish with beautiful color combination...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is going to get made for my sons. They love Nutella!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks and sounds simply awesome! I will be sharing your post in this week's Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, this looks so yummy, be careful, I might eat the whole thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too want to be a rock star. :) I'll be making this at Christmas! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so good and your pictures are amazing... mouthwatering. Both of us would love to try this since neither of us have ever had a Nutella pumpkin pie - this is a great addition to your #simplybebetsy gallery!

    Sharon and Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of my most favorite desserts EVER! It is rich and creamy, so you don't need to have a big piece!

      Delete
  12. Two of my favorite flavors - pumpkin and nutella - wow! Thanks for stopping by our Happy Holidays Link Party - be sure to join us again this week (beginning on Saturday at 7 pm ET) and every week through the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.